Terms of Service
Portfolia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without any obligation and without any notice requirement, to change, improve or correct the information, materials and descriptions on the Site and to suspend and/or deny access to the Site for any reason. The information and materials on the Site may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and Portfolia does not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information. Portfolia may discontinue or change any product or service described in or offered on the Site at any time. Portfolia further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to block or otherwise discontinue your access and use of the Site at any time and for any reason. You agree that Portfolia and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
The Services are available only to Members who are at least 18 years old. Portfolia reserves the right to solicit information regarding an member’s status and deny access to any person that does not comply with such requests or Portfolia policies in Portfolia’s sole discretion. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Portfolia may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions. If you are using the Site on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept this Agreement on such entity's behalf, and that such entity agrees to indemnify Portfolia for violations of this Agreement.
Fundraising campaigns on the Site are only suitable for Members who are familiar with and willing to accept the high risk associated with private investments. Securities sold through private placements are not publicly traded and, therefore, may have limited or no liquidity. Additionally, Investors may receive restricted stock that may be subject to holding period requirements under the securities laws. Companies seeking private placement investments tend to be in earlier stages of development and have not yet been fully tested in the public marketplace. Investing in private placements requires high risk tolerance, low liquidity concerns, and long-term commitments. Investors must be able to afford to lose their entire investment. For those reasons, these offerings may be made available only to certain institutional investors and high net worth individuals and entities. As with all alternative investments, investors must meet certain eligibility tests to qualify as purchasers. Currently, entities must have assets of at least $5 million (or all individual owners meet accredited member tests). Individuals must have (i) a net worth of more than $1 million excluding primary residence, or (ii) gross income for each of the last two years of at least $200,000 ($300,000 with spouse) with the expectation of the same income in the current year.
The Site may include information on future or past performance. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The contents of the Site do not constitute financial, legal, or tax advice. Members are solely responsible for conducting any legal, accounting or due diligence review. You should obtain investment and tax advice from your advisers before deciding to invest. Investment products are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and there is no bank guarantee.
None of the information contained in the publicly available portions of the Site constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer buy or sell any securities, options or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state securities commission has approved or disapproved of these securities or passed upon the adequacy or accuracy of information on the Site. We are not providing specific investment advice to any individual viewing the content of the Site and we do not represent that the securities or services described herein are suitable for any specific member. Users are advised not to rely on any information contained on the Site for the purposes of making a fully informed investment decision. We expressly disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken based on any or all of the information on the Site.
The information and services provided on the Site are not provided to, and may not be used by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction where the provision or use thereof would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or where Portfolia is not authorized to provide such information or services. Some products and services described in the Site may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients.
Modification of Agreement
Portfolia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the terms of this Agreement, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time. Such modification shall become part of this Agreement and are automatically effective once posted on the Site or by sending you an email. This Agreement may not be orally amended. Portfolia may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. It is your responsibility to check the terms of this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of any changes to the Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
The Portfolia logo is a trademark and service mark of Portfolia. Portfolia or its licensors own and retain all proprietary rights in the Site, the Services and all material and information posted thereon ("Content"). The Site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information of Portfolia and its licensors. You may not alter, modify, publish, distribute, publicly display or sell any Content or other such proprietary information, or otherwise copy or transmit any Content or other such proprietary information without the express written permission of Portfolia.
In addition, to the extent you receive information from Portfolia, Companies or other Members with respect to any Investment activity on the Site, you may not further disclose or otherwise provide such information to another party in any way that allows a personal identification of such Company or Member. You agree that Portfolia may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, access, read, preserve and disclose your account information, usage history and submitted Content in order to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights; (c) enforce this Agreement and investigate potential violations thereof; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; (e) respond to your requests for customer service; or (f) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Portfolia, its users, or the public.
Our Services and certain pages of the Site are available only to Members who have been authorized by us to access those Services and web pages on the Site. Such authorization may require completion of an accredited investor questionnaire and satisfactory background information screening and/or identification verification. Only users of Portfolia with a valid User ID and password are authorized to access such services and web pages.
As part of Portfolia’s authorization process, each user shall be required to provide, among other things, a valid email address. In providing your email address and agreeing to this Agreement, each authorized user consents to receiving email notifications from Portfolia concerning offerings. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Site and Services.
Unauthorized use of the Site and the Services, including, but not limited to the misuse or sharing of passwords or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or Services or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site or Services. You agree that you will not engage in any activities related to the Site that are contrary to applicable laws or regulations. You further agree that you are responsible for any unauthorized use of your password that is made before you have notified us and we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on that notice. Portfolia reserves the right at its discretion to suspend or cancel your password, even without receiving such notice from you, if we suspect that it is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner.
Notwithstanding the above, you are responsible for monitoring your account and should promptly report any unauthorized or suspicious activity in your account to us at support@Portfolia.com.
You agree to abide by the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”), and all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site and Services. In addition, without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not do any of the following while using or accessing the Site or Services:
- Disable, hack, circumvent or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, or with any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Portfolia content or materials;
- Use any metadata, meta tags or other hidden text utilizing a Portfolia name, trademark, URL or product or service name;
- In any way use the Site or Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Use any scripts, programs or other automated means to access the Site or Services, or otherwise engage in any ‘data scraping’ or data gathering practices with respect to the Site or Services;
- Upload, submit, post, email, or otherwise transmit, via the Site or Services, any content, information or materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, obscene, harassing, defamatory or hateful or that contain objects or symbols of hate, invade the privacy of any third party, are deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting of unlawful action, defamatory, libelous, vulgar or violent or constitute hate speech or are otherwise objectionable in the sole opinion of Portfolia;
- Upload, submit, post, email, or otherwise transmit, via the Site or Services, any content, information or materials that you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fidiciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Violate any applicable law or regulation while accessing and using the Site or Services, including, without limitation, the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national or other securities exchanges (especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security), the Exchange Act, the Securities Act, or other US law or the laws of any state or other jurisdiction, including foreign jurisdictions;
- Destroy, interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) any web pages available at the Site, servers or networks connected to the Site, or the technical delivery systems of Portfolia’s providers or break any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Attempt to scan, probe or test the vulnerability of any Portfolia system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting and providing security for the Site or Services;
- Attempt to decompile, disassemble, decipher or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Services;
- Attempt to search, meta-search or access the Site with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than software and/or search agents provided by Portfolia or other generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera) or platforms, including any software that sends queries to the Site to determine how a website or web page ranks;
- Collect or store personal data about other users of the Site or the Services without their express and explicit permission;
- Misrepresent or impersonate your affiliation with any person or entity, or otherwise commit fraud;
- Use the Site or Services in any manner not permitted by this Agreement; or
- Instruct or encourage any other individual to do any of the foregoing or to break and/or violate any term of this Agreement.